In 1993, Amanwana, or ‘peaceful forest’, came into being on the Indonesian island of Moyo, off the coast of Sumbawa, to the east of Bali. Luxurious, permanent tents featuring coral-stone decks, walls of glass framed in teak, polished hardwood floors and elegant fabrics in cream, wheat and honey, create an air of camp life, and ever since, this wilderness hideaway has drawn those looking for true peace and a return to nature.
The camp is set in a secluded cove overlooking Amanwana Bay and the Flores Sea. Diving and snorkelling, from the jetty and the camp's vessels, is some of the best in the region, with an incredible array of fascinating sea life on offer, from hawksbill and giant turtles to soft red coral, barrel sponges, enormous blue sea stars and a myriad of tropical fish. The island is inhabited by a unique mix of jungle animals, from deer and wild boar, to macaque monkeys, and spectacular bird life, including eagles and osprey. Walks into the wonders of Moyo's jungle world begin from camp, and lead to waterfalls and freshwater pools.
The camp's 20 luxury tents are set under a canopy of tropical forest.
Each 58 square metre, air conditioned tent is enclosed by a solid wall featuring banks of windows. There is a soft waterproof external roof and a separate canvas interior. A coral-stone deck surrounds each tent. Inside, the tents feature Indonesian island artwork, a sitting area with facing divans, a king-size bed, a writing desk and a large bathroom. There is hardwood flooring throughout.
Rates per tent per night, single or double occupancy, full board, selection of non-alcoholic and alcoholic beverages, minibar, laundry service, daily snorkeling outings, one waterfall excursion once during stay, Jungle trek with guide once during stay, one Amanwana massage once during stay, Wi-Fi, non-guided short treks, non-motorised water sports, 11% government tax and 10% service charge included.
Triple rates on request.
|Jungle Tent||1 570,00 USD||Ocean Tent||1 745,00 USD|
- Diving at Amanwana Package
- 5-, 7- or 14-nights packages
to discover the amazing underwater world of Moyo Island and
These packages include, in addition to standards benefits (daily full board and large selection of beverages, daily snorkeling at turtle street and seawall, 60 minutes Amanwana massage for two once per stay, ...), one dive each day for a maximum of two guests, to choose from the following diving site: Seawall, Turtle Street, Labuan Aji Reef or Panjang Reef. / For 7 nights package, enjoy in addition 15% discount on all additional dives and Spa treatments, while for 14-nights package, you will enjoy 30% discount on all additional dives and Spa treatments + sunset cruise and bottom fishing. (not cumulative with any other offer or package)
- Aman Bali & Beyond Package
Package for a minimum of 8 nights, combining a stay at one or more of Bali's Aman resorts and at
least a two-nights stay at Amanjiwo (Java) or at Amanwana (Moyo Island).
This package includes daily breakfast, full board & activities at Amanwana, return airport transfers in Bali and Java, inter-resort car transfers in Bali and choice of 1 complimentary activity for two per resort. (not cumulative with any other offer or package - list of activities upon request)
- Amanwana Raja Ampat Expedition (November to March) - Five nights’ private cruising experience on Aman-ikan or Amandira, including all meals, non-alcohoolic beverages, full crew, all diving, activities (beach excursion, kayaking, trekking and stand up surf boarding), National Parks entrance fees and Sorong airport car transfers. (details of the cruise itinerary upon request)
- Komodo Expedition (March to October) - Seven nights package, including 5 nights’ private cruising experience on Aman-ikan or Amandira + 2 nights at Amanwana. - Package includes all meals, non-alcohoolic beverages, full crew, all diving on board and 1 check out dive per person per day at Amanwana, activities (beach excursion, kayaking, trekking and stand up surf boarding), and ranger's fees at Komodo National Park. (details of the cruise itinerary upon request)
- Spice Islands to Raja Ampat Expedition - Ten nights’ private cruising experience on Aman-ikan or Amandira, every years in October, including all meals, non-alcohoolic beverages, full crew, all diving, activities (beach excursion, kayaking, trekking and stand up surf boarding), National Parks entrance fees and Ambon/Sorong airport car transfers. (details of the cruise itinerary upon request)
- Complimentary honeymoon benefits. (details of the benefits upon request)
|Guest services||Freshwater dipping pool||Baby-sitting service|
|Gift shop||Beach & ocean-front deck||Laundry service|
|Library||Laptop available for Internet access||Wireless broadband connections|
|Nightly turndown service||Jungle Cove Spa||24-hour room service|
|Tent Dining||Fishing||Cruising excursions & private yacht charters|
|Wide choice of water sports||Guided nature treks||Music pavilion|
- Various activities related to the sea: windsufers, kayak, snorkeling, scuba diving centre, canoeing, fishing, ...
- Guided nature treks, waterfall excursion
- An exceptional service that has made the reputation of Aman
The Dining Room & Bar : located in an open-air pavilion facing the sea. - Selection of Asian and Western food served at breakfast, lunch and dinner.
In season, alfresco BBQs & campfire dinners.
The open-air Jungle Cove Spa is set just back from the beach beneath a roof of shady tamarind trees. Simple coral stone walls divide the outdoor spa into three treatment areas, each with a recessed soaking tub and a shower. All three boast views of Amanwana Bay.
Treatments include massages, fresh-fruit facials and black Borneo body scrubs. The latter begins with a one-hour massage using an aromatherapy oil, followed by a natural scrub of Borneo clay, coffee and herbs applied to the skin for exfoliation. The treatment concludes with a soothing aromatic herbal bath. Aman's unique natural organic products are used for skincare in facials and body treatments.