An ancient city, Lijiang's Old Town, Dayan, is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Perched in the centre, above the roofline on Lion Hill, Amandayan overlooks an intricate bridge and canal system and dramatic mountainous landscape. Known as the Land of Eternal Spring for its exceptionally mild climate, China's southwestern Yunnan province is bordered by Tibet, Myanmar, Laos and Vietnam and is famed for limestone plateaus, snow-capped peaks and rushing rivers.
Arranged around calm courtyards, Amandayan's dwellings are imbued with the clean lines and the architectural aesthetic of the indigenous Nakhi people using locally sourced materials, including Yunnan pine and elm from Dong Bei.
Outfitted with Nakhi embroidery and elaborate
Dongba wood carvings, Amandayan's 35 Suites are set amid serene
Graceful and elegant with clean simple lines, Amandayan's Suites are contemporary in style yet still unmistakably Chinese. Decorated with materials and fabrics from the region, including Yunnan pine and Dong Bei elm, every Suite opens onto a courtyard or a terrace with views of Lijiang's rooftops, Lion Hill or the UNESCO-protected Old Town and the majestic mountains beyond.
Rates per suite per night, double or single occupancy, daily breakfast, 15% government tax and service charge included
|Courtyard Suite||700,00 USD||Amandayan Suite (2 bedrooms)||2 550,00 USD|
|Deluxe Suite||800,00 USD|
- Undiscovered Lijiang Offer - Stay a minimum of 2 nights, based on standard rates, and receive one Dayan Old Town guided morning tour with Mu Mansion visit. (not cumulative with any other offer or package)
- Discover Lijiang Offer - For a minimum stay of 3 nights, based on standard rates, receive, in addition to all standard inclusions, the following add-ons: round trip transfer from/to Lijiang Sanyi airport, a guided excursion to Baisha Old Town & Yuhu Village, as well as one hour Amandayan featured 'Warm Bamboo' Spa treatment per person. (not cumulative with any other offer or package)
- China UNESCO Treasures Package
Package for a minimum of 9 nights, combining a stay
of 3 nights at Aman Summer Palace in Beijing, 3
nights at Amanfayun in Hangzhou and 3 nights at Amandayan in
This package includes daily breakfast and the following special activities at each resort: a guided half day tour of the Forbidden City, a guided tour of the Summer Palace and a 60 minutes Chinese massage per person at Aman Summer Palace + a private guided tour of Longjing Tea Village & Nine Creeks, a private guided tour of Lingyin Temple, and a 60 minutes Aroma massage per person at Amanfayun + a private guided tour of the Lashi Lake and Zhiyun Temple, a private guided tour of Dayan Old Town, and a 60 minutes Amandayan Signature massage per person at Amandayan. (not cumulative with any other offer or package)
- Complimentary honeymoon benefits. (details of the benefits upon request)
|20-metre heated outdoor pool||The Aman Spa||Fitness Centre|
|Fully-equipped gym, Pilates and Yoga||Guest assistants||The Boutique|
|Broadband Internet access||Room service||Laundry service|
- Enjoy a fresh-air trek amid the splendour of Jade Dragon Snow Mountain and Haba Snow Mountain in picturesque Yunnan
- Climb by cable car to 4,506 metres for majestic views of snow-capped peaks and a unique combination of flora and fauna
Locally grown ingredients take prominence across Amandayan's restaurants, from the Chinese restaurant serving Nakhi fare with a modern touch to the Lounge with Asian and Western dishes. The Tea House offers seats that look out over the Old Town accompanied by traditional Chinese and Western tea services.
Aman Spa's range of therapies is informed by traditional Chinese medicine, from massages and exfoliations to cupping. Four treatment rooms are equipped with a steam shower and peaceful relaxation area, and two additional wet treatment suites host scrubs, baths and wraps. With an integrated approach to wellness, the spa is also home to a 20-metre heated pool, a fully equipped gym and Pilates studio.