An ancient city, Lijiang’s Old Town, Dayan, is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Perched in the centre, above the roofline on Lion Hill, Amandayan overlooks an intricate bridge and canal system and dramatic mountainous landscape . Known as the Land of Eternal Spring for its exceptionally mild climate, China’s southwestern Yunnan province is bordered by Tibet, Myanmar, Laos and Vietnam and is famed for limestone plateaus, snow-capped peaks and rushing rivers.
Arranged around calm courtyards, Amandayan’s dwellings are imbued with the clean lines and the architectural aesthetic of the indigenous Nakhi people using locally sourced materials, including Yunnan pine and elm from Dong Bei.
Outfitted with Nakhi embroidery and elaborate
Dongba wood carvings, Amandayan’s 35 Suites are set amid serene
Graceful and elegant with clean simple lines, Amandayan’s Suites are contemporary in style yet still unmistakably Chinese. Decorated with materials and fabrics from the region, including Yunnan pine and Dong Bei elm, every Suite opens onto a courtyard or a terrace with views of Lijiang’s rooftops, Lion Hill or the UNESCO-protected Old Town and the majestic mountains beyond.
Rates per suite per night, double or single occupancy, daily breakfast, 15% government tax and service charge included
|Courtyard Suite||440,00 Euro||Amandayan Suite (2 bedrooms)||2260,00 Euro|
|Deluxe Suite||530,00 Euro|
- Discover Lijian package: Minimim 3-nights package, inclusing an half day Dayan old town morning walk, a guided excursion to Baisha Old own and Yuhu village, and a 60-minute Amandayan featured Warm Bamboo spa treatment for two once during stay.
- "Village and Ancient Town": 6-nights package, including 3 nights at Amanfayun in Hangzhou, 3-nights at Amandayan in Lijian, and several complimentary tours and excursions at each property.
- "Palace and Ancient Town": 6-nights package, including 3 nights at Aman Summer Palace in Beijing, 3-nights at Amandayan in Lijian, and several complimentary tours and excursions at each property.
- "China UNESCO Treasures": 9-nights package, including 3 nights at Aman Summer Palace in Beijing, 3-nights at Amanfayun in Hangzhou and 3-nights at Amandayan in Lijian, and several complimentary tours and excursions at each property.
|20-metre heated outdoor pool||The Aman Spa||Fitness Centre|
|Fully-equipped gym, Pilates and Yoga||Guest assistants||The Boutique|
|Broadband Internet access||Room service||Laundry service|
- Enjoy a fresh-air trek amid the splendour of Jade Dragon Snow Mountain and Haba Snow Mountain in picturesque Yunnan
- Climb by cable car to 4,506 metres for majestic views of snow-capped peaks and a unique combination of flora and fauna
Locally grown ingredients take prominence across Amandayan’s restaurants, from the Chinese restaurant serving Nakhi fare with a modern touch to the Lounge with Asian and Western dishes. The Tea House offers seats that look out over the Old Town accompanied by traditional Chinese and Western tea services.
Aman Spa’s range of therapies is informed by traditional Chinese medicine, from massages and exfoliations to cupping. Four treatment rooms are equipped with a steam shower and peaceful relaxation area, and two additional wet treatment suites host scrubs, baths and wraps. With an integrated approach to wellness, the spa is also home to a 20-metre heated pool, a fully equipped gym and Pilates studio.