Ranthambhore National Park, Rajasthan - India
Open from October through April each year, the best season for wildlife spotting, Aman-í-Khás is a wilderness camp located in a rugged brushwood forest on the fringes of Ranthambhore National Park, surrounded by the starkly beautiful Aravalli Hills.
Combining the Sanskrit word for ‘peace’ with the Hindi word for ‘special’, khás, Aman-í-Khás offers accommodation in 10 luxury air-conditioned tents each with soaring canopies draped in the Moghul style. There are also three separate tents for dining, spa treatments and relaxing.
Twice-daily, guided wildlife viewing excursions take guests into the Ranthambhore National Park which measures a total of 1,334 square kilometres, to spot indigenous game including tigers, leopards, hyenas, sloth bears, crocodiles and chital deer. Guests of Aman-í-Khás can also explore the region’s ancient forts and colourful rural villages nearby.
Aman-i-Khás offers 10 luxury 108 sq.m. tents identical in style, each set on a raised concrete plinth. Opening out from the central area are three sections for sleeping, bathing and dressing.
Resort closure from 01 June to 30 September 2017 & from 01 June to 30 September 2018
Rates per tent per night, single or double occupancy, full board, soft drinks, laundry service, 40.8% government tax and service charge included
Shared or private tiger safaris at extra charge.
|Luxury Tent||1 185,00 USD|
- Incredible Wild Escape package: 3-, 4- or 5-nights package, including several complimentary activities and tours, such as jeep safaris, cultural tours, signature massages and private dining experiences (detailed list of inclusions upon request).
- The Aman's Camp & Oasis Journey package: Minimum 6 nights package, with a minimum of 3 nights at Aman-i-Khas and 3 nights at Amanbagh, including inter-resort transfers, all meals (no alcoholic beverages), laundry, one activity of your choice per resort, and a complimentary upgrade at Amanbagh.
|Camp’s pool, modelled on the ancient stepwells that are traditional to the area||Fireplace, situated in the central area of the camp, serves as an informal lounge|
|Lounge Tent (provides a wide selection of coffeetable books on the National Park, tigers and the history and culture of Rajasthan, as well as selection of novels, magazines, CDs and board games)||The Spa Tent|
|Twice-daily guided excursions in an opentop vehicle that transports guests on wildlife safaris into the core of the national park||Camel safaris in the outskirts of the park|
|Guided nature walks from the camp led by a naturalist||Private car transfers from Sawai Madhopur and Jaipur|
- Enjoy an half-day trekking experience at Khandar Fort, followed by lunch served in a magical location
- Enjoy a half-day excursion to Banas riverbed, a birder’s paradise, strolling the banks of the river with a naturalist or enjoying a riverside camel ride
- An exceptional service that has made the reputation of Amanresorts
The Dining Tent serves Indian cuisine and a range of Western dishes, and the freshness of produce is ensured as most of the vegetables and herbs are grown in the camp’s organic vegetable garden.
Dinner is most often concluded around an outdoor fire that serves as a focal point in the evenings.
Centred by a small fountain, the Spa Tent consists of two separate treatment areas, each featuring twin massage tables.
The therapists at Aman-i-Khás distil millennia of knowledge of the healing arts into rejuvenating spa treatments. These include a variety of massages, scrubs, stretches, facials and foot treatments designed to soothe and revitalise.
To experience the traditional body art of India, have your arms or hands decorated with delicate henna art using local ingredients, herbs and spices.