Since its inception in the early 90s, Silversea Cruises has been
recognised as the gold standard in luxury cruising, acclaimed both for
its legendary European lifestyle and global reach of destinations. The
cruise line was the brainchild of Antonio Lefebvre d’Ovidio, a respected
Italian jurist and maritime law professor. His idea was to create a new
class of elite vessels designed with more space for fewer guests and
with the highest levels of personalised service. Lefebvre’s maritime
background led to his involvement in shipping and eventually the cruise
With the debut of luxury cruise ship Silver Explorer in
2008, Silversea introduced expedition cruising — Silversea style, adding
yet another unique niche in the luxury cruise market. Now more intrepid
travellers could experience adventurous voyages to the most remote
regions of the planet while enjoying Silversea’s brand of signature
distinctions, including ocean-view suites, a superb culinary experience,
and an incomparable level of service with a crew to guest ratio of
nearly one to one. Along with both polar extremes, Silversea’s three
expedition ships sail to the islands of Oceania, Southeast Asia, the
Russian Far East, Australia’s remote Kimberley Coast, Central and South
America (including the Galápagos Islands), and the exotic western coast
Today, Silversea Cruises owns and operates eight
luxury cruise ships (soon to become nine) from 100 to 540 guests, along
with a global portfolio of itineraries to all seven continents and over
900 destinations worldwide.
7 Continents, Infinite possibilities ...
With our small luxury ships you can explore the 7 continents discovering the world’s most intriguing destinations.
Discover the world’s most intriguing ports while travelling in extraordinary style aboard Silversea’s intimate luxury cruises. The small luxury ships offer enormous opportunities for you to explore the 7 continents and over 900 fascinating destinations on an all-inclusive cruise.
Sail directly into the heart of St. Petersburg, around the tip of Cape Town, along the oil-rich sheikdoms of the Middle East, across bustling Sydney Harbour and through breathtaking Chilean fjords.
On the expedition cruises, every journey is new and unique. Fully immerse yourself in the world’s most unspoiled landscapes, from the primeval Galápagos Islands to the lush, tropical edens of Polynesia to the frosted wilderness of Antarctica.
Silversea classic cruises:
Canada & New England
Caribbean & Central America
Northern Europe & British Isles
Africa & Indian Ocean
Australia & New-Zealand
World Cruises & Grand Voyages
Silversea Expeditions cruises:
Arctic & Greenland
American West Coast
Africa & Indian Ocean
Russian Far East
South Pacific Islands
Australia & New-Zealand
Silversea Cruises is happy to present its new flagship, Silver Muse. Delivered in spring of 2017, the new ultra-luxury ship was built by Fincantieri. Representing an exciting evolution of Silver Spirit, Silver Muse redefines ultra-luxury ocean travel - enhancing the small-ship intimacy and spacious all-suite accommodations that are the hallmarks of the Silversea experience. The addition of Silver Muse expands Silversea's fleet to nine ships, and once again significantly raises the bar in the ultra-luxury cruise market with a wealth of enhancements to the onboard experience, while satisfying the uncompromising requirements for comfort, service, and quality of the world's most discerning travellers.
Last refurbishment: 2016
Al fresco dining with panoramic ocean views. Warm clubby spaces for evening cocktails with friends. The plush comfort of your ocean-view suite after a day of incredible sights. Welcome home to the luxury cruise ship, Silver Wind. Timelessly elegant yet luxuriously relaxed, Silver Wind’s strikes the perfect balance of yacht-like intimacy combined with the space, amenities and diversions typically reserved for larger vessels. Warm welcomes and gracious personalized service inspire the guests to call Silver Wind their “home away from home” - join the ship and discover the charms of Silver Wind.
Last refurbishment: 2016
Silversea's loyal following of adventure travellers can now explore the remote archipelagos of the vast Pacific aboard the sleek, 120-guest Silver Discoverer cruise ship. She's the perfect platform for viewing these untamed landscapes, with all ocean-view suites and plenty of deck space so that a breaching whale or a pod of dolphins is always within sight. Silver Discoverer’s shallow draft allows her to navigate closer to shore, and with a fleet of 12 Zodiacs, guests can land on isolated shores and explore wetlands and submerged ecosystems, up-close and in-depth.
Last refurbishment: 2017
Authentic experiences. Simple pleasures. Shared moments. Silversea’s Millennium Class luxury cruise ships Silver Shadow and Silver Whisper offer you freedom and space to design your day. Slightly larger in size than ships Silver Cloud and Silver Wind, Silver Shadow retains Silversea’s essence – spacious suites, a complement of only 382 guests, superior service – paired with a lively cosmopolitan atmosphere and enhanced amenities. Aboard the Silver Shadow, energize body and soul with complimentary Pilates and yoga in the expanded fitness center. Savor fine wines and regional culinary creations in Le Champagne, the only Wine Restaurant by Relais & Châteaux at sea. Or simply gaze at endless ocean views. Relish, relax, recharge … repeat … Silver Shadow.
The amenities of a grand resort. The charms of a stylish boutique hotel. Silversea’s Millennium Class ships Silver Whisper and sister ship Silver Shadow invite you to enjoy Silversea’s world-class accommodations, shipboard conviviality and warm, individualized service, paired with the enhanced spaces and amenities of a larger ship. Revel in the pampering treatments of an expanded wellness spa, shop the hottest trends from top designers at the shipboard boutiques, and enjoy dynamic full-scale productions in a multi-tiered show lounge. Silver Whisper luxury cruise ship has it all. Design your own schedule … or no schedule at all … Silver Whisper.
Silver Spirit combines the award-winning hallmarks of the Silversea luxury cruise experience with expanded amenities and exciting new venues for dining and entertainment. Dine on fresh sushi and innovative Asian fusion cuisine at Seishin, meet friends at Stars Supper Club for small plate specialties and live entertainment, or recharge and rejuvenate in the 8,300-square foot spa and fitness center of the Silver Spirit. Featuring the largest suites in the Silversea fleet, Silver Spirit offers a lively, convivial atmosphere for cosmopolitan travelers who enjoy a greater variety of shipboard diversions, yet crave the personalized service and authentic and “up-close” experiences for which Silversea is known. More ways to play … and to relax … Silver Spirit.
Last refurbishment: 2014
A Galápagos expedition cruise, enjoyed aboard Silver Galapagos, brings you to one of the most isolated places in the world to encounter an abundant variety of wildlife species that is incredibly unique and found nowhere else on earth. Lying just off the western coast of South America, the Galápagos archipelago is inaccessible to most, yet this isolation has allowed nature to develop in ways exclusive to the islands. Experience it all with complimentary exploration activities including Zodiac tours, snorkeling, kayaking and nature hikes led by our highly experienced guides certified by the National Park of the Galápagos.
Last refurbishment: 2017
Silversea’s purpose-built luxury Silver Explorer expedition cruise ship has been designed specifically for navigating waters in some of the world’s most remote destinations, including both of earth’s polar regions. A strengthened hull with a Lloyd’s Register ice-class notation (1A) for passenger vessels enables the Silver Explorer Expedition Cruise Ship to safely push through ice floes with ease. A fleet of Zodiac boats allows Silversea Expedition guests to visit even the most off-the-beaten path locations and an expert Expedition Team provides insight and understanding to each unforgettable Silver Explorer luxury cruise adventure.
Silver Cloud Expedition
Last refurbishment: 2017
After extensive refurbishment, Silver Cloud will be the most spacious and comfortable ice class vessel in expedition cruising. Her large suites, her destination itineraries and her unparalleled service make her truly special. Her five dining options will tantalise your taste buds and as 80% of her suites include a veranda, watching a breaching whale or a few cavorting penguins has never been so personal. Broad sweeping decks with multiple open spaces and a swimming pool complete what is surely the most distinctive expedition ship sailing today. A limited number of guests, particularly with just 200 in polar waters, mean that Silver Cloud has the highest space to guest and crew to guest ratios in expedition cruising. With her 18 zodiacs, possibilities are almost limitless with ship-wide simultaneous explorations. Finally, a team of 19 passionate and dedicated experts are always at hand to ensure your voyage is enhanced every step of the way.
Silversea’s small luxury ships are designed for those who delight
in the thrill of discovery while indulging mind and body in the most
lavish surroundings imaginable. All accommodations are spacious,
ocean-view suites that include butler service,
and most include private verandas. Silversea voyages and cruise
expeditions sail to over 900 destinations on all seven continents, more
than any other cruise line. Our intimate, ultra-luxury ships can sail up
narrow waterways into the heart of a city, or tie up right at the pier
while others must anchor off shore. And for those who yearn to explore
the new and unknown, Silversea Expeditions can transport you to the
furthermost boundaries of the planet. Renowned for culinary excellence
and innovative spirit, Silversea’s luxury cruises offer a choice of
open-seating dining options throughout the fleet, as well as several
specialty venues aboard all non-expedition ships. Enjoy the ease,
convenience and value of an all-inclusive cruise fare that includes
almost all of your discretionary onboard expenses.
Intimate Boutique Ships
The 9 small luxury ships can show you the world
in a far more personal, meaningful way. They can glide into small,
secluded harbours not yet on the radar screen. Or transport you on an
expedition to some of the most remote regions of the globe. Then return
at night to the gracious hospitality that reflects our Italian heritage.
The lavish amenities of your private sanctuary at sea. And the relaxed,
friendly camaraderie in the lounges and open bars where faces quickly
become familiar and conversation strikes a common chord.
voyages and cruise expeditions sail to over 900 destinations on all
seven continents, more than any other cruise line — large or small. Our
itineraries include many ports with late-night and overnight departures
providing you with more time to experience the local colours and
cultures. For those who want to explore beyond the shore, an extensive
collection of land adventures offer a convenient, seamless way to extend
Polished to perfection
Silversea is passionate about service and profoundly committed to
maintaining the highest standards. Service that is richly personalised,
genuine and caring, where every wish, every need is discretely
anticipated and promptly delivered. With the experienced, highly trained
personnel of a top luxury cruise line and a staff to guest ratio of
nearly one to one, service excellence is guaranteed aboard the ships of
All-inclusive, Nothing extra
Enjoy the ease, convenience and value of an all-inclusive cruise fare
that includes almost all of your discretionary onboard expenses such as
gratuities, room service, and both alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages
– those extra charges that can add up to so much more..
Global flavours for Worldly travellers
Renowned for culinary excellence and innovative spirit, Silversea’s
luxury cruises offer a choice of open-seating dining options throughout
the fleet, as well as several specialty venues aboard all non-expedition
ships. In fact Silver Spirit has six restaurants to choose from; rather
remarkable for a ship of her size. Daily changing menus present a wide
range of offerings including Continental, vegetarian and CruiseLite
selections, as well as regional specialities unique to the destination.
Your suite is Your sanctuary
Silversea’s suites offer one of the highest space-per-guest ratios of
any luxury cruise accommodations. All of the
suites feature ocean views, and many with a private teak veranda. That’s
why every Silversea suite is indulgently spacious, and beautifully
furnished. Freshen up in your Italian marble bathroom with a choice of
luxury amenities to suit your personal taste.
- 7-days cruises in the Galapagos Islands (Ecuador), onboard Silver Galapagos (year-around)
- 10- to 23-days cruises in Antarctica, onboard Silver Explorer or Silver Cloud Expedition (Novembre to February)
- 7- to 16-days cruises in the South Pacific Islands, onboard Silver Explorer, Silver Discoverer, Silver Whisper or Silver Muse (October, December, January, March, April, May, July, September)
- 7- to 15-days cruises in the Mediterranean Sea onboard Silver Spirit, Silver Wind, Silver Whisper or Silver Muse (March to November)
- 12- to 18-days cruises in the Russian Far East, onboard Silver Explorer or Silver Discoverer (July/August)
- World Cruise 2018 "La Grande Bellezza", an incredible 121-days cruise, with 60 ports of call in 21 countries, onboard Silver Whisper (January to May 2018)
- World Cruise 2019 "The Tale of Tales", and incredible 132-days cruise, with 52 ports of call in 31 countries, onboard Silver Whisper (January to May 2019)
- Early Booking Bonus - Book and pay in full by 31 August and save 10% on select 2018 and 2019 voyages.
- Silver Select Offers - Book before 31 August 2017 and chose one of the following savings on worldwide voyages in destinations from the Mediterranean to the Caribbean to remote islands of Southeast Asia and many more. You can select a two-category suite upgrade, 50% savings on a second suite, or an onboard credit of 1 000,00 USD per suite (credit saving not available on Expeditions cruises).
- Galapagos All-inclusive Offer - All-Inclusive Galapagos experience now includes: flights between Ecuador and the Galápagos Islands, transfers, pre and post hotel and national park fees + enjoy 530,00 Euro savings on Silver Galapagos Voyages.
- South America Offer - Book by 31 July 2017, and enjoy 1 200,00 Euro savings per suite on selected South American voyages.
- Caribbean Offer -Book by 31 July 2017, and enjoy 1 200,00 Euro savings per suite on selected Caribbean voyages.
- Asia Far East Offer - Book by 31 July 2017 and enjoy 3 000,00 Euro savings per suite on selected Asian Far East voyages + a free shore excursion in every port.
- Africa & Indian Ocean Offer - Book by 31 July 2017, and enjoy 1 200,00 Euro savings per suite on selected African and Indian Ocean voyages.
- Expedition Special Savings - Book by 31 August 2017 and enjoy 2 400,00 Euro savings per suite on select expedition voyages.
- Northern Europe Offer - Book by 30 September 2017, and enjoy 1 000,00 Euro savings per suite on selected Northern European voyages.
- Mediterranean Offer - Book by 30 September 2017, and enjoy 1 000,00 Euro savings per suite on selected Mediterranean voyages.
- Arctic All-Inclusive Package - Benefit from all-Inclusive fares on selected Arctic voyages, including charter flights from/to Arctic and roundtrip airport transfers to the port.
- Antarctica All-Inclusive Package - The Antarctic All-inclusive fares now include pre-cruise hotel stay, transfers, charter flights to/from Ushuaia and luggage handling + for a limited time only, enjoy savings of 1 000,00 Euro per suite on selected Antarctic expedition voyages.
- Single Fares Special - Silversea is delighted to welcome solo travellers aboard its intimate ships with single supplements starting at only 25% above the Silver Privilege Fares on selected voyages.