Overlooking the sea, Saccharum is a design hotel nested in a small natural shelter on the south western coast of the island. The contemporary decoration was idealized by the renowned interior designer Nini Andrade Silva, together with RH+ Arquitectos, who found inspiration in the local process of making sugar with the saccharine cane.
The Saccharum is located in Calheta on the west coast of Madeira, next to the marina and sandy beach, sitting proudly between the impressive mountains and the dazzling ocean. Built on the same site where an old sugar cane mill once stood, the hotel adopted the local sugar cane heritage as part of its interior décor. The atmosphere deepens the communion with the surrounding nature and Madeira’s ancient traditions. The spa itself is a temple of serenity and natural well-being.
All 243 rooms and suites (some with kitchenette) have generously-sized rooms; Suites and Junior Suites have a private balcony, the majority of which overlook the sea. The SPE Pool Suites offer in addition a private plunge pool on the terrace.
The décor is luxurious and modern.
Rates per room/suite per night, based on double occupancy, daily buffet breakfast and all applicable taxes and service charge inclusive.
Single and triple rates on request.
Half board or full board rates on request.
* Saccharum Premium Experience included in these room categories (see details below)
|Courtyard Room||135,00 Euro||Ocean Suite||309,00 Euro|
|Side Ocean Room||145,00 Euro||SPE Ocean Room *||325,00 Euro|
|Ocean Room||170,00 Euro||SPE Ocean Suite *||527,00 Euro|
|Courtyard Suite||195,00 Euro||SPE Pool Suite *||530,00 Euro|
|Side Ocean Suite||220,00 Euro||SPE Design Suite *||594,00 Euro|
|Family Ocean Suite||240,00 Euro||SPE Superior Suite *||774,00 Euro|
- Long Stay Offer - Winter 2023/2024 - For any minimum stay of 8 nights, receive 10% additional discount on your stay OR for a minimum stay of 15 nights, receive 20% discount! (New Year period excluded - combinable with any other offer or promotion)
- Early Bird Discount - Summer 2024 - For any stay between 01 May and 31 October 2024, booked before 29 February 2024, receive 15% discount on your stay OR booked before 31 March 2024, receive 10% discount on your stay! (this offer requires 50% deposit at reservation - not combinable with any other offer or promotion, except Long Stay offer)
- Honeymoon Benefits - Honeymooners receive sparkling wine and chocolate in room, as well as a complimentary room upgrade, subject to availability upon arrival. (combinable with any other offer or promotion)
|3 outdoor swimming pools||1 indoor pool||Ocean access with sundeck|
|The Saccharum Spa||Gym||Games room|
|Squash court||Children Playroom||Free WiFi|
|Meeting rooms||Banqueting venue||Laundry service|
|Regular entertainment programme||Room Service||Souvenir Shop|
- Join on a Sunday morning farmers’ market trip full of fresh and local produce that will open your appetite for a delicious lunch workshop with a chef
- Enjoy a unique experience: a visit to the Sugar Cane factory in Calheta and watch live production of Sugar Cane honey and other by-products
- Madeira’s finest resort experience combined in a unique and balanced premium memory, just for you
Alambique Restaurant : dedicated to make the best of Madeira’s gastronomy meet the best of the world’s tastes.
Engenho Restaurant : morning and evening buffets, spread wide as the ocean view.
Rhum Bar : the spirit of Madeira’s nightlife.
Fly Lounge Bar : for incredible sunsets and unforgettable nights.
Trapiche Bar : pool bar - a menu for everyone in the family.
Calhau Beach Club : The Calhau Beach Club is a lounge space, right on the beach in front of the Saccharum, and is a guaranteed spot for fun in a cosy atmosphere full of exoticism.
Perfect for witnessing the best sunset ever, while enjoying a cocktail, the Calhau Beach Club has a new tropical décor, with a menu that follows this concept.
The influence ascended from cultures as distinct as Latin America, Southeast Asia and Southern Africa, has served as the motto for the menus.
The new Calhau Beach Club has been a great success and highly appreciated by our guests, as they can spend the day swimming in the ocean, relaxing in comfortable Bali-beds or enjoying a meal from the vast options available in the new menu.
The Calhau Beach Club is open daily between 10:30 am and 9:30 pm. There's a DJ on the weekend between 5:00 p.m. and 9:00 p.m.
Enjoy complimentary the exclusive Premium Experience when staying in one of the Premium OceanFront Rooms or Premium OceanFront Deluxe Suites.
- Check-in in a reserved area with a welcome drink
- Covered parking with direct access to guest floors
- Exclusive access to the Premium Sundeck area, with Indonesian style sun loungers, jacuzzi, showers and massage area, refreshments available throughout the day
- Unlimited entry to the award winning Saccharum SPA which includes sauna, turkish bath, jacuzzi, ice fountain, sensorial showers, halotherapy room, relaxation room and heated indoor pool
- Exclusive access to The Club - this exceptional lounge located on the top floor with astonishing views of the ocean. Indulge yourself on a private breakfast, drinks selection or snacks available throughout the day - Breakfast from 7:30 am to 11:00 am / Drinks and dry snacks from 7:30 am to 7:00 pm / Sandwiches, pastries plus hot & cold savouries between 4:30 pm and 6:00pm.
- Yoga, Tai Chi, Pilates and Aqua Aerobics classes
- Unlimited access to the squash court, subject to advance booking
- Daily courtesy bus service to and from Funchal
- In-room premium amenities
- In-room daily delicatessen
- In-room pillow menu
- “Comfort Kit” a range of supplies and amenities are placed daily in your room for further comfort and convenience
- In-room mini bar service on selected beverages
- Unlimited calls to various destinations
- Private in-room check-out services, prior request
You know what to expect from a superior spa - a wide range of treatments, that will fully reinvigorate and revitalize your body and mind. Saccharum Spa adds a unique sensory experience based on the sugar cane concept. The relaxing atmosphere is created by the light, the materials and the colour scheme.
The philosophy of Saccharum Spa is based on the purity of Ayurvedic traditional medicine’s ancient movements, the therapist’s intuition and the effectiveness of the products used. The massage rituals now brought to you, along with the crucial help of holistic experiences, will help you rediscover your inner self nature.S