Hotel Esencia is a majestic 50-acre estate at the midpoint between Tulum and Playa del Carmen in Mexico. It has long enjoyed a storied past in this ancestral cradle of culture, cuisine, and comfort. Originally built as the private hideaway home of an Italian duchess on the most beautiful beach of the Mayan Riviera, it later became a hotel, and, for some time, has been a sought after destination for honeymooners seduced by the serene comforts of this timeless mansion.
A new chapter began in 2014 with the arrival of a new owner and a bold, worldly outlook on how to savor paradise. The estate’s provenance as a place of leisure for nobility is the guiding inspiration for a modern reimagining.
Ideally situated far from huge resorts and the roar of pleasure boats, the immaculate bay of Xpu-Ha is a natural haven where each year sea turtles make their nests. Hotel Esencia invites the happy few who know how rare it is to find a place that is truly unique, to make it their home in the tropics.
Every room at Hotel Esencia by any other standard would be called a suite. The private terrace and sitting area of the room offer a peaceful view on the garden canopy or an impressive panorama of the Caribbean.
The Main House remains the hotel’s centerpiece, around which footpaths lead to only 40 suites and 3 villas where guests enjoy genuine privacy and top flight hospitality.
Rates per room/suite/villa per night, based on single/double occupancy of each bedroom, room only rates, inclusive 16% VAT, 3% Lodging Tax and 10% Service Fee.
Bed&Breakfast, Half board or Full board rates upon request.
|Jungle Room||975.00 USD||Master Beach Suite||2 210.00 USD|
|Jungle Suite Plunge Pool||1 065.00 USD||Penthouse Suite||2 695.00 USD|
|Jungle Suite||1 155.00 USD||Presidential Suite||4 025.00 USD|
|Ocean Suite||1 395.00 USD||Pool Villa (2 bedrooms)||3 300.00 USD|
|Beach Suite||1 760.00 USD||Yum-Ha Private Villa (3 bedrooms)||4 625.00 USD|
|Master Suite||1 970.00 USD|
- Free Nights Offer - Summer 2019 - Stay 3 nighs, pay only 2 nights OR Stay 6 nighs, pay only 4 nights OR Stay 9 nighs, pay only 6 nights OR Stay 12 nighs, pay only 8 nights, for any stay until 30 September 2019. (not combinable with any other offer or promotion)
- Early Bird Offer - For any reservation made before 31 March 2020, booked at least 120 days before arrival and receive 30% discount on your stay from 01 January to 31 October 2020 OR For any reservation made before 31 March 2020, booked at least 60 days before arrival and receive 25% discount on your stay from 01 January to 31 October 2020 OR For any reservation made before 31 March 2020, booked at least 30 days before arrival and receive 15% discount on your stay from 01 January to 31 October 2020! (some balck-out dates apply - not combinable with any other offer or promotion)
- Complimentary honeymoon benefits. (details of the benefits on request)
|Private Beach||Heated Pools||Esencia Spa|
|Technogym Fitness Room||Sunrise Yoga||Water Sports Gear|
|PADI Diving Centre||Complimentary Wifi||24-hour Concierge|
|Express Dry Cleaning and Laundry Service||Chauffeur-Driven Cars||Multilingual Staff|
|Private Trainers/ Massage Therapists||Babysitting Services||Library / Conference Room|
- Explore the second largest coral reef in the world and get the PADI certification.
- Experience excursions to Mayan ruins and guided tours of underground rivers locally referred to as cenotes.
- Discover mangrove, fauna, and flora from a kayak in Sian Ka'an, a UNESCO World Heritage site near Tulum.
Beefbar Esencia : a true epicurean experience thanks to a menu based on simplicity, the finest high-quality ingredients, and a selection of exceptional meat cuts from Australian Black Onyx and Wx Wagyu beef, and Certified Japanese Kobe beef.
Mistura : a refined and authentic Mexican gastronomic experience under a towering beachfront ‘palapa’ with spectacular 180 degree views. Offering a creative selection of seafood dishes and specialties from the grill, with the best ingredients of Mexico’s Yucatan peninsula and beyond..
Café Esencia : Situated between the pools and the beach, Café Esencia is a picturesque spot to start one’s day. With an emphasis on seasonal ingredients and apt updates to coastal staples from Latin America and around the world.
Coffee & Juice Bar
At the east end of the gardens is Hotel Esencia’s health club overlooking the estate’s cenote. Housed under traditional palapa thatched roofs, Esencia Spa and the fitness room integrate hallmarks of modern wellbeing with ancient customs of cultivating beauty, balance, and peace.
The spa journey begins with a traditional Mayan kitchen laboratory where therapists tailor bespoke, restorative programs, using the purest ingredients harvested from the waters of the Caribbean and soil from the Mayan jungle. Guests leave Hotel Esencia cleansed and whole. It is a matchless experience of health that opens a new chapter to a life of sound mind and body.