Amanwella, or ‘peaceful beach’, is modern and calm, serene and stylish – a contemporary beach resort in a pristine location. A retreat dedicated to its environment, Amanwella allows guests to savour to the full the natural blessings of this rich land, without compromising on authenticity or modern comforts.
The clean vertical lines of Amanwella contrast with the lush exuberance of the landscape, creating an ambience of serenity and luxuriance that enables guests to unwind completely. And with long white beaches, tall leaning palms, a turquoise blue sea, buzzing local village life, nearby rock temples, and spectacular wildlife – it’s not hard to do.
Nature rules in this part of the world and Amanwella enjoys a privileged setting from which to observe some of its marvels: seasonal egg laying by giant turtles on nearby beaches, protected elephant herds in national parks, sweeping vistas with dramatic sunsets, the crystalline waters of the Indian Ocean and extraordinary topographical features.
Amanwella’s 30 identical Suites have been designed and styled to complement their striking setting. The interiors are contemporary, with huge sliding doors and windows welcoming the ocean breezes. Situated mostly on the hillside, the Suites enjoy varying views of the coconut grove and ocean, and each offers a private plunge pool. The Ocean Pool Suites, situated on the lower levels of the hill, enjoy uninterrupted views of the coconut grove and beach.
Rates per suite per night, double or single occupancy, daily breakfast, afternoon tea by the pool, mini bar (excluding alcohol), 19,95% government tax and 10% service charge included
|Garden Pool Suite||780,00 USD||Ocean Pool Suite||1 030,00 USD|
|Ocean Hill Pool Suite||905,00 USD|
- Beach Experience Offer: For a minimum stay of 4 nights, receive complimentary a la carte half board (breakfast and choice of lunch or dinner), a visit to the Pottery Village once during stay, and a 60-minute Amanwella massage for two once during stay.
- Wildlife Offer: For a minimum stay of 4 nights, receive complimentary bicycle tour around the village with a picnic breakfast once during the stay, a safari to the Bundala National Park for bird and elephant watching with a picnic breakfast once during the stay, a 60-minute Amanwella massage for two once during stay, and a traditional Sri Lankan dinner once during the stay.
- Aman's Fort & Beach Journey package: 5- or 7-nights package, with a minimum stay or 2/3 nights at Amangalla and 2/3 nights at Amanwella, including one inter-resort transfer with visit en route to the Handunugoda Tea Plantation, one excursion and one Spa treatment at each resort, and in addition for the 7-nights package, complimentary half board (breakfast and choice of lunch or dinner).
|Golden sand beach||Outdoor swimming pool||Whale watching expeditions|
|Cultural & Wilderness excursions||Village nature walks||The Spa Suite|
|Personalized guest services||Airport representative in Colombo||The Boutique|
|Car rental with driver||The Library||24-hour room service|
|Airport transfers can be arranged||Computer with Internet access||Snorkeling|
|Laundry service||Baby-sitting service||Beach Club|
- Enjoy a safari at Uda Walawe National Park, one of the island’s most popular national parks totalling 30,800 hectares in size. It is best known for its elephants herds and birdwatching opportunities.
- Visit the Rekawa Turtle Conservation project, home to one of the most important sea turtle nesting sites in Sri Lanka.
- An exceptional service that has made the reputation of Amanresorts
The Restaurant :open all day, the restaurant is perched eight metres above sea level, with indoor and outdoor seating; cuisine is Asian and Mediterranean with an emphasis on local seafood.
The Pool Terrace : ideal for alfresco dining; during the day, simple lunches as well as fresh coconuts and local fruit are served; in the evening, guests can dine on antipasti and home-style Sri Lankan dishes.
The Lounge & Bar : panoramic views, drinks and snacks, selection of cigars.
The Beach Club : another venue for lunch and private dinners.
Spa Treatments at Amanwella are available in the privacy of guests’ suites, in the Spa Suite or in selected garden locations amidst the coconut grove. The spa menu includes facials, massages and body treatments, including soaks in baths accompanied by fresh king coconut juice or a bottle of champagne.