Amantaka derives its name from the word aman, the Sanskrit word for ‘peace’, and from Tipitaka, meaning ‘the teaching of the Buddha’ in Theravada scholastic literature. The resort is located just south of Mount Phousi in the centre of the picturesque Luang Prabang peninsula. Within walking distance of the many boutiques, bakeries and restaurants along the main street, Amantaka is also close to the banks of the Mekong River and to Luang Prabang’s fabled night market.
The resort provides access to the town’s many historic sites including more than 30 golden-spired temples and the former Royal Palace, a classic example of the town’s unique blend of 19th and 20th century French colonial and Lao architectural traditions.
Amantaka offers 24 suites ranging in size from 70 to 120 sq.m. each.
These include eight Suites, four Pool Suites, eight
Khan Pool Suites, two Mekong Pool Suites and two
Amantaka Pool Suites.
Entered from louvered doors from the courtyard, each suite contains a spacious interior and exterior living area.
Rates per suite per night, double occupancy, inclusive daily a la carte half board (lunch or dinner), non-alcoholic beverages, daily seasonal fruits, freshly baked cookies and local snacks, use of Amantaka bicycles, roundtrip airport transfers from Luang Prabang airport, tuk tuk or car transportation within Luang Prabang town, laundry, 10% government tax and 10% service charge included.
Single and triple occupancy rates on request.
|Suite||880,00 USD||Mekong Pool Suite||1 665,00 USD|
|Pool Suite||1 015,00 USD||Amantaka Pool Suite||1 845,00 USD|
|Khan Pool Suite||1 385,00 USD|
- Summer in Indochine Offer: Stay a minimum of 2 nights, every year between 01 May and 30 September, and receive, in addition to all standard inclusions, a room upgrade already applied at the time of booking!
- Discover Luang Prabang package: 3-nights minimum package, inclusive all standard inclusions and the following add-ons: afternoon tea; Alms offering; Luang Prabang introduction by cultural advisor; a Luang Prabang city tour once during stay; and a 60-minute Lao massage for two once during stay.
- Indochina Past & Present package: 6-nights minimum package in at least two of the four Aman properties in Indochina & Thailand (Amanoi, Amansara, Amantaka and/or Amanpuri), including half board (breakfast and choice of lunch or dinner, excludig alcoholic beverages), airport transfers, laundry and a daily cultural, weel-being or sports activity per resort to choose from a large selection of activities (detailed list of activities upon request).
|Outdoor swimming pool||Private tennis court nearby||Aman Spa|
|Gymnasium & Yoga studio||Complimentary airport transfers||Boutique & Art gallery|
|Library||Wifi Internet access||Guided attractions and activities|
|Elephant rides||Hmong village photo tour||Lao cooking classes|
|Visit Ock Pop Tok's Living Crafts Centre||24-hour room service||Private dining|
- Take part of one of Amantaka’s hosted traditional baci ceremony, followed by a special Laotian dinner
- Don’t miss one of the daily highlights of Luang Prabang: the Tak Bat (Alms Offering). Monks and novices walk through the town every morning at sunrise to accept alms from the townsfolk
Amantaka offers authentic Lao and French influenced cuisine in a number of dining venues. The Dining Room provides an airy colonial ambience while the Lounge Bar is the perfect spot for relaxing with a pre-dinner aperitif or enjoying a snifter and cigar. The breezy Pool Terrace is a casual dining spot and serves light meals all day.
Amantaka’s Aman Spa offers guests an exceptional personalised experience. Four luxurious double treatment rooms each feature a dressing area, treatment area, private Jacuzzi and individual relaxation room. There are also steam and sauna facilities with hot and cold plunge pools. A range of holistic massages, body treatments and healing therapies are offered. Beauty services such as signature facials, manicures and pedicures are also available. Aman Spa’s unique chemical-free product range works holistically to nurture the skin and enhance overall well-being.