Amanjena, or ‘peaceful paradise’, is the first Amanresort on the African continent. The property is located just outside the ancient Moroccan city of Marrakech on the southern road to Ouarzazate, the gateway to the Sahara Desert. The High Atlas Mountains claim the Marrakech horizon and the Atlantic coast is just two hours away. The 27-hole Amelkis Championship Golf Course lies immediately alongside Amanjena, with a second course – the Royal Golf Course – just minutes away.
Known in Arabic as Al Medina al-Hamra, the ‘Red City’, due to its rosy-hued walls and structures, Marrakech was the inspiration for Amanjena’s design. The resort’s walls and Morocco luxury villas echo the city’s old pisé (rammed earth) buildings as well as the Berber villages that cling to the High Atlas Mountains. Green is also a predominant colour in the oasis of Marrakech – the colour of Islam, paradise, royalty and abundance. The colour of nature gilds Amanjena, too: its lawns and vines, its emerald-clay roofs, Moroccan marble fountains and the dazzle of hand-cut, glazed tiles known as zellij.
Amanjena offers 39 pavilions and suites, including 18 rose-toned Pavilions, 6 Pavilions Bassin, 8 Pavilions Piscine, 6 two-storey Maisons and the two-bedroom Al-Hamra Maison all radiate from the ancient bassin (irrigation pool) which lies at the heart of the property.
Rates per pavilion/maison per night, single or double occupancy, daily breakfast, return airport transfer from Marrakech International Airport, 10% government tax and 10% service charge included.
There is an additional local tax of 5,00 Euro per person per day which will be charged at the resort upon departure.
|Pavilion||660,00 Euro||Maison - 2 bedroom||1675,00 Euro|
|Pavilion Bassin||725,00 Euro||Maison Jardin - 2 bedroom||2025,00 Euro|
|Pavilion Piscine||1390,00 Euro||Al Hamra Maison - 2 bedroom||2425,00 Euro|
- Discover Marrakech Offer - For a minimum stay of 3 nights, receive the following add-ons: a full day Medina excursion and a 60 minutes massage for up to 2 per stay.
- Golf Break in Morocco Offer - For a minimum stay of 5 nights, receive the following add-ons: daily green fees per person a either Royal, Amelkis or Al Maaden Golf Courses (subject to availability) OR one daily 50 minutes massage for a partner who does not play golf.
- Wellness Retreat Offer - For a minimum stay of 3 nights, receive the following add-ons: daily private morning group movement & alighment class, daily 60 minutes Spa treatment, daily private evening calm & grounding class, an Argan oil head massage per stay, a Hammam treatment per stay and a visit to Argan oil local production.
|33-metre heated outdoor swimming pool||2 floodlit clay tennis courts||Montain bikes available|
|Amanjena'a Spa||2 Turkish-style hammams||State-of-the-art gymnasium|
|Personalized guest services||The Library||The Boutique|
|Complimentary Wifi Internet access||Hiking & Biking excursions||Complimentary transfers from Marrakech airport|
|Golf at The Amelkis Golf Course||24-hour room service||In-pavilion dining|
- Explore the medina, the heart and soul of Marrakech, and discover Place Djemaa el Fna, one of the busiest squares in Africa, particularly in the evening
- Plan an excursion in the High Atlas mountains, with its ancient mosques, crumbling kasbahs and cliffside Berber villages
- Spend a day at white-washed village of Essaouira, on the Atlantic coast
The Restaurant : authentic Moroccan and Mediterranean cuisine.
The Thai Restaurant : Asian cuisine, open for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
The Pool Terrace: overlooking the pool, open for breakfast and lunch.
The Bar & The Fumoir
The hammam or steam bath is as central to Moroccan life as mint tea. Not surprising then that it is also the steamy heart of Amanjena’s Spa. Each hammam (one for men, another for women) is complemented by showers, washrooms, a dressing area and a glassed-in whirlpool, opening onto a fountain courtyard bordered by a pisé-wall two metres high. The hammam itself is a stepped, two-chamber room of Moresque arches meeting a vaulted ceiling.
Treatments available at the Spa include massages, facials, scrubs and wraps, as well as manicures and pedicures. The Spa also incorporates a timber-floored gym.