Rio San Juan - Dominican Republic
Overlooking the golden sands of Playa Grande beach, high up on the Dominican Republic's Atlantic-facing north coast, Amanera is surrounded by pristine jungle and backed by a dramatic mountain range. The 25-casita property includes an Aman Clubhouse and several Aman Villas to own, and lies alongside the spectacular clifftop fairways of Playa Grande Golf Course – its 18 holes originally created by golfing legend Robert Trent Jones, Sr. and recently updated by his son, Rees Jones.
Perched atop 60-foot cliffs at the western end of Playa Grande beach, Amanera offers extensive dining, spa and recreational facilities. Designed to maximise the extraordinary views, each of the 24 one-bedroom, freestanding casitas enjoys unobstructed ocean vistas from an expansive terrace. Every casita is accessed via a winding pathway through a private garden, and 13 have private 10-metre swimming pools. The two-bedroom Bay View Casita enjoys the finest setting on the property, with panoramic views of the ocean and Playa Grande beach, a 20-metre infinity pool and a private footpath down to the sand.
The property's main pavilion, Casa Grande, offers sweeping views at every turn. It houses the bar and lounge, a discreet reception, a library and a convivial cigar bar, and leads to Amanera’s signature restaurant with its indoor and outdoor dining areas. Beyond the restaurant is the main swimming pool. Club de Playa, the informal beach club, is tucked into a sandy cove on Playa Grande beach and offers a casual dining area, water sports equipment and a children’s club.
Amanera's 25 casitas are positioned on the cliffs at the western end of Playa Grande Beach, all offering ocean views.
Amanera's luxury Casitas dot the lush Playa Grande coastline with unobstructed ocean views. Overhanging eaves shade expansive terraces with outdoor dining and lounging areas, while inside, the floor-to-ceiling glass doors lead to rooms specially positioned to maximise views.
All Casitas feature lofty ceilings and warm wooden finishes, while a selection offer private swimming pools.
Annual resort closure from 28 August to 20 November 2022
Rates per casita/casa per night, based on single/double occupancy, room only, 18% government tax and 10% service charge included.
B&B, half board and full board rates upon request.
|Casita||2 090.00 USD||Bay View Pool Casita||3 250.00 USD|
|Hill Casita||2 335.00 USD||Amanera Casita||3 930.00 USD|
|Pool Casita||2 825.00 USD||Bay View Casa (2 bedroom)||7 740.00 USD|
- Season of Discovery Offer -
3-, 5- or 7-nights packages, every year from May to
based on standard rates,
receive the following
add-ons: (not cumulative with any other offer or package
- not valid for Bay View Casa)
3 nights package: complimentary a la carte full board (continental breakfast, 2 course lunch & 3 course dinner daily) (excluding beverages).
5 nights package: complimentary a la carte full board (continental breakfast, 2 course lunch & 3 course dinner daily) (excluding beverages) + one complimentary night (Stay 5, Pay 4).
7 nights package: complimentary a la carte full board (continental breakfast, 2 course lunch & 3 course dinner daily) (excluding beverages) + one complimentary night (Stay 7, Pay 6) + an Amanera massage per casita once per stay.
- Romance at Amanera Offer - Stay a minimum of 4 nights, based on standard rates, and receive welcome bottle of wine and petal turndown, daily breakfast, a couple's fitness session, a romantic bath once during stay, an Amanera candlelit dinner oncer per stay, as well as a romantic evening cocktail for two once during stay. (not cumulative with any other offer or package - not valid for Bay View Casa)
- Extend Your Journey Offer - Every year, from May to mid-December, stay 4 nights, pay only 3 nights OR stay 8 nights, pay only 6 nights OR stay 12 nights, pay only 9 nights! (not cumulative with any other offer or package - not valid for Bay View Casa)
- Holistic Immune Support Retreat Packages - 3-nights Spa packages with the following inclusions: 2 consultations with Wellness Manager (start and end) + 4 herbal medicinal remedy + 4 immune support refreshment + a medicinal nature walk + a 60 mintes yoga class + a Pranayama & Meditation (60 minutes + a Waning Moon Ritual (120 minutes purification) + a Balancing Facial & Feet Reflexology (90 minutes) + a Master Plants Rotual (90 minutes) + a HIIT work out (60 minutes) + daily full board (including non-alcoholic beverages as prescribed for the program) + transfers from Puerto Plata airport. (not cumulative with any other offer or package)
- Complimentary honeymoon benefits. (details of the benefits upon request)
|White sand beach||40m swimming pool||Amanera Spa|
|Two tennis court||Full range equipment gym||Kickboxing classes|
|Dance classes||Meditation and Yoga sessions||18-hole 'Playa Grande Golf' course|
|Kite Surfing||Large choice of water sports||Whale Watching|
|Horse Riding||WiFi Internet access||Library & Boutique|
- Take a guided trek through the protected jungle reserves surrounding Amanera and discover the island’s astonishing biodiversity
- Don't miss private kite surfing lessons for all levels with experienced professionals
- Learn about all stages of the growing process of organic cocoa at nearby Rancho Magante
Casa Grande Restaurant : offers fresh, organic flavours from the Caribbean, Mexico and the Mediterranean, the chef draws on the culinary traditions of the Dominican Republic to offer a menu of finely spiced, flavour-rich dishes for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Lounge Bar : perfectly poised to take in the drama of the ocean vista – a panoramic backdrop to complimentary afternoon teas, evening sundowners and private, expert-led rum tastings.
Club de Playa : down on the beach, tucked into a sandy cove, offering local recipes and the classic dishes of South America for lunches, private-dining events and special-occasion dinners.
Cocooned by the lush Dominican jungle and high on a cliff, you find the peaceful Amanera Wellness Casa. It is designed as a sanctuary of tranquility and fully integrated into the tropical environment. The forces of the earth, ocean and sky tune the body and mind with the rhythms of nature, enhancing your wellbeing and assisting your spiritual journey.
The Amanera Signature Experiences provide healing treatments inspired by the moon cycles to realign yourself using Mother Nature’s ingredients, lunar energy, and holistic hands-on techniques. Plants inherited from local shamanic wisdom are used reflecting the healing tradition of the island’s indigenous Taíno Indians.
A selection of spa massages, body treatments, facials, and beauty services use locally grown plants, fruits and herbs as well as the Aman range of all-natural products. All are available at the Wellness Casa and may beprovided in the privacy of your Casita or Beach Pavilions.